Wednesday 5 July 2017

"A Whole Lotta Löw" Group Netiquette

  1. I cannot emphasise strongly enough that this is a FOOTBALL group. Yes, of course, our admiration of Jogi extends to him as a whole but it is a strict rule that NO photographs are to be uploaded, discussions to take place or comments to be made whatsoever about members of his family. Automatic and permanent banning orders now exist for anyone who should breach this rule. I did not start this group so I could spend my time constantly having to vet gossip and decide what is or is not acceptable, and experience has taught me it is far easier for me to allow nothing whatsoever. It is completely unecessary. While I am aware that such behaviour may exist elsewhere online, I have firm ideas on what I want this Group's content to be and how I wish us all to behave. This is a common policy with all reputable and honourable fan sites/forum (for example, look at the stance on the FAQ's on the forum for the rock group, Foo Fighters), and I wish my group to fit into that category.

    Please also respect Jogi's right to have private time away from the public eye, even if others don't, so no 'holiday' photos (unless he has clearly given his permission to the media) and nothing that can be considered to breach his privacy. This is in line with the recent press release made by Jogi's lawyers, the wishes of which this Group has always adhered to.

    It is quite OK to link to articles/interviews in which Jogi himself talks about his private life, as obviously this is a decision he has made himself with whatever publication it is in question.

  2. NO fan fiction or links thereto will be accepted on the Group. 'Fanfic' is a minefield with many players and celebrities now appointing lawyers to block such material written about them. I therefore wish our Group to stay completely out of this side of the internet. The real world of football should be exciting and fascinating for anyone to find plenty to talk about.
  3. Sadly due to an aggressive attitude I have received on isolated incidents when attempting to enforce the above two rules, anyone found in breach will be blocked immediately, without further communication. I do not have time to argue with people as to how they think this group should be run and what they feel is or isn't suitable to be discussed. As admin and founder of the group, this is my call to make.

    If you have any queries as to whether you feel an item is suitable for discussion or inclusion, please message me first, and I shall be delighted to help!

  4. I must ask all members not to use the 'Share' button that is attached to photographs/links to share them to their own personal profile page. Facebook puts this facility on and I am unable to disable it. We are a closed group for a reason, and many members wish comments to stay within the privacy of the Group. Sharing posts directly may make comments and names available to anyone. Please feel free, if you want to put any individual photo agency photo on your profile, to save on your hard drive and then re-upload, or alternativey cut-and-paste any URL linked to if you wish make it available on your own profile. Please, however, do not share original work such as montages or artwork, and individually taken screencaps, without asking the person concerned. It would also be much appreciated if members do not upload multiple copies of photographs that have been uploaded here by members to other Groups on Facebook, as members have often undertaken considerable work to get the photos concerned!

    If members of other groups wish to view our photos or see what is on our Group, they do of course have the option to join themselves!

  5. I also reserve the right to permanently ban any member who I am made aware is uploading elsewhere on the Internet, or alternatively promoting, material which may be considered offensive (to other members or the perceived subject). This will be done in order to prevent the possibility of such material appearing on the Group, or of our Group being associated with it.
  6. Usual rules of respecting other members, etc. apply, and I am sure I don't need to repeat those.
    Watch your language!! Words that you may find commonplace may be offensive to others.
  7. Please can we not take private photographs of members of the public with Jogi off tumblr/instagram etc. accounts and upload them to the Group, as I have no idea of knowing whether they would or would not want such photos of themselves to be shared elsewhere and also many of these photgraphs are taken when Jogi is 'off duty'.
  8. Even if Facebook asks, please do not tag this Group in any category or location. Leave that to me, as admin, to decide. Again another annoying feature I cannot disable.
  9. I do ask that in the main English is used as I do have to admin and check all comments through, but the occasional remark (particularly of admiration) in other languages is not a problem!!!
  10. Hopefully we have all joined this Group because we are fans of Jogi and enjoy talking about him and this group was specifically set up for that purpose. I am thus asking everyone to try and keep the posts relevant, particularly in view of the fact that news/stories soon creep down the timeline. The odd post, for example an article about one of the players or the national team in general is great, but not constant talk about other aspects of football/life in general, There are many other places to do that!
Although the Group is mine and mine alone and as such whatever I do or don't wish the Group to contain is my decision to make, I have on many occasions consulted with senior members to discuss and shape out these rules. These rules are therefore made with the approval of those responsible for 99.9% of Group contributions.

I believe the rules ensure our group is a pleasant and fun place to visit. We hope you will agree.

It is lovely to have you along! Any queries, please ask, and welcome to the Group!

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment